Saturday, November 23, 2013

Improvising

The past 2 weeks I've taken an on-line card making class. I must say it was very inspiring! And they make it look so simple! Wonderful people sharing their talents in crafting beautiful cards.  In our temporary move I didn't bring all of my crafting supplies so I am limited in some things I can do. The classes used many tools I don't have here, or even back at home for that matter. After some thinking I decided that I wanted to try making this card:

I've heard that necessity is the mother of invention. Well, I didn't have the stencil used to make the tree nor the ink colors she used. I began thinking I could make a stencil using paper strips. So this is what I came up with:
And here is my creation using the stencil I made and the ink colors I have on hand:

 I thought it turned out kind of cute, if I do say so myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment